Newbe needs to talk w/ Chev /GMC inline 6cyl people

Hello Good People

I have a 58 Chebby P/U 235 6 cyl and I would like to talk with people who play with them. I wish to keep it a 6cyl.

I have a 2 carb manifold, and split exhaust (no on) good or bad idea ? I would like to put in a T-10 4speed " "

Want to improve the brake system.

ETC, ETC.

God Bless, Jim

PS You are welcome to reply directly

Reply to
Jim Fox

ups and what not..for brakes you could try Masterpower Brakes ive heard some good stories about them...conversion kits, resto type parts etc

Reply to
Jay Anderson

Go to

and check out their b-boards. Plan on spending a lot of time as there is a lot of info being passed back and forth on exactly what you are asking. You won't be able to post unless you are a member but there is info on that as well.

My opinion is your ideas are very good, and the 58 235 was the highest rated horsepower ( 145 ) in the passenger cars at least. I wouldn't be surprised if there were no changes when used in the trucks.

I have a 58 Chebby P/U 235 6 cyl and I would like to talk with people who play with them. I wish to keep it a 6cyl.

I have a 2 carb manifold, and split exhaust (no on) good or bad idea ? I would like to put in a T-10 4speed " "

Want to improve the brake system.

ETC, ETC.

God Bless, Jim

PS You are welcome to reply directly