Noise in stereo

My Son and I installed a stereo with 3 amplifiers in my 56 Nomad. But the damn altenator whine is driving me crazy. Ive got good ground system and ive tried acouple of the plug-in noise filters but no joy.

On another list a guy was telling me to install either caps or chokes in-line of the 12 volt and he had some other suggestions but ive lost the group it was on when my computer crashed. So I figured there must be someone here that is knowledgeable on stereo installations.

I would appreciate any help on what to try next. Im at my whits end on this, here ive been a ham radio operator for over 40 years and have built and repaired my share of stuff but this is beyond me

Steve

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Steve Massey

On Tue, 2 May 2006 07:07:21 -0700, "Steve Massey" puked:

Shielded spark plug cables or noise suppressor caps for the plugs.

lab~rat >:-)

"Steve Massey" wrote in news:if-dnfXDhe3T-srZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

Google on car alternator noise radio You will find a wealth of information including

Charly Coughran

Charly,

If you put in the link like this it shouldn't break it up.

Leon Rowell

Charly Coughran wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

Excellent on the website, I will check that out. And the plug wires of course are a good idea too I appreciate your guys help.. I will read up on all this info... Thanks for the help.

N6TT

Reply to
Steve Massey