Noise in stereo

My Son and I installed a stereo with 3 amplifiers in my 56 Nomad. But the damn altenator whine is driving me crazy. Ive got good ground system and ive
tried acouple of the plug-in noise filters but no joy.
On another list a guy was telling me to install either caps or chokes in-line of the 12 volt and he had some other suggestions but ive lost the group it was on when my computer crashed. So I figured there must be someone here that is knowledgeable on stereo installations.
I would appreciate any help on what to try next. Im at my whits end on this, here ive been a ham radio operator for over 40 years and have built and repaired my share of stuff but this is beyond me <g>
Steve
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
puked:

Shielded spark plug cables or noise suppressor caps for the plugs. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Google on car alternator noise radio You will find a wealth of information including
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO - rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/noise_suppressors_installation_guide.html? page=1
--
-------
Charly Coughran
Charly Coughran wrote:

Excellent on the website, I will check that out. And the plug wires of course are a good idea too I appreciate your guys help.. I will read up on all this info... Thanks for the help.
N6TT