Question about painting of brake assembly

Greetings,
I am working on the brake system to a 1954 Ford F-100 and am sandblasting the last 50 years of rust and gunk away. I have the whole brake plate and
assembly off the suspension and laying on my work bench. Anyway, the question is, once cleaned, is there a good all-purpose, one coat paint I can use? Or, do I need to prime it and then paint?
Depends on how good a job you want to do. If you don't care, use Rustolum <sp?> or any spray paint.
If you do care, use POR-15, RustBullet, or powercoating.