QUESTION: what defines classic?

Hi All,

I am a long time truck owner of at least 9 different trucks (** so far... listed below **). I am wondering if there is a charter for this group, and/or, if anyone has a loose definition of a "classic truck"?

My uneducated guess would be that a classic truck would be over 30 years old among other potential criteria. A truck would have to have some sort of "truck bed" whether it be a traditional one like my 1958 Ford truck has, or one that is "created by the removal of the top" from a vehicle like a Bronco or a Blazer and so on.

I do consider my 2 ford Broncos to be trucks. Hopefully, you would agree that Broncos, as well as Blazers and the 3 years of Ramchargers that the top was removable would all be classified as a truck, of sorts.

Thanks! TrueAmerican

------------------------------------------ TRUCKS LISTING - past and present

2000 Dodge Dakota QuadCab 1984 Ford Bronco XLT 1984 Ford Bronco 1986 1/2 Nissan 4x4 (no longer in my possession) 1976 Dodge Power Wagon, extended cab, 3/4 ton (no longer in my possession) 1972 Datsun pickup (no longer in my possession) 1962 Chevrolet Stepside pickup (wrapped this one around a brick post in 1981) 1960 Ford truck, 460 Big Block, 4x4, longbed (no longer in my possession) 1958 Ford shortbed pickup truck, inline 6, 3 on the tree (no longer in my possession)
Reply to
TrueAmerican

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:55:48 GMT, "TrueAmerican" puked:

I consider the Broncos to be trucks, especially if they're full size like yours, but not classic. Yet.

Ok, here's one for ya, my '66 El Camino?

Classic? I doubt there's a question, but is it a truck or a Chevelle with a bed?

-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

Reply to
lab~rat

So my 1950 Willys 4x4 Wagon isn't a truck because the back doesn't come off? I disagree. Busses, dumps, bobtails and semi-tractors aren't trucks either by that criteria. There are lots of people that collect those older vehicles as well, not just pickups and 'open wagons'.

Maybe SUV's aren't trucks to some people, but I bet you'll get an argument from plenty of others. What about the old air-cooled VW vans? Or any van for that matter. Suburbans aren't trucks? I don't even think having (or not having) back seats is a good criteria. What is or isn't a truck is a pretty fuzzy-grey area for most people. Food for thought.

Cheers, - Jeff G

1950 Willys 4x4 Utility Wagon 1967 Kaiser 4x4 Jeepster Commando ** both in my possession, and both are trucks in my eyes ;)
Reply to
Bubba Kahuna (only 1 'J' in my

"Re: " What is or isn't a truck is a pretty

------------------------------------------------------ Checked the old Funk+Wagnalls-"automotive vehicle designed to carry loads,freight,etc." An SUV designed to carry only or mainly passengers is not a truck.A bus is a bus not a truck.An El Camino? Would be in your grey area I guess. Bet....Brian O.

Reply to
Brian Orion

Reply to
Mouse

"Mouse" wrote: > I was always told a classic is any vehicle 20 yrs old and 25 > plus is an > antique. A truck to me is anything that has a cargo area that > is > seperate from the interior of the cab. Yes? > > Brian Orion wrote: > > "Re: " What is or isn't a truck is a pretty > > >  >>fuzzy-grey area for most people. Food >  >>for thought. > > > > >  >>Cheers," > > > > ------------------------------------------------------ > > Checked the old Funk+Wagnalls-"automotive vehicle designed > to carry > > loads,freight,etc." An SUV designed to carry only or mainly > passengers > > is not a truck.A bus is a bus not a truck.An El Camino? > Would be in your > > grey area I guess. > > Bet....Brian O. > > > > ******************** > > > > > > >

Reply to
ColonelFlashman