Re: 1941 Chev Advice needed

It's me again

Want to thank everybody for the great adevice about the problem below.

2 days to get the Tailshaft, gearbox, clutch, bell housing off (OK I'm old and slow), 5 minutes to replace the freeze plug, and a day to button it all up.

Excellent parts, very cheap and quickly supplied by Jim Carter.

John Fenn

> > > Hi guys, > > I need some advice regarding my 1941 Chev 1/2 ton stakeside. It has > the original 216 motor with the original 4 speed transmission and > rear end. > > Water from the motor is running out the bottom of the bell housing. > There is a small drain hole there under the flywheel. And the engine > is running rough with the 5th and 6th cylinders putting out very > little power. Hardly makes a difference when I pull the spark plug > wires off these 2 cylinders. > > I figure it is a blown water jacket seal in the back of the block. > Doen this sound likely. > > Heres the question. Is this an engine out job, or is it a disconnect > the transmission and slide it back and an under the truck job. > > Hope to hear from someone smarter than me. After 5 year restoration > job I thought I was nearly done. > > Thanks > > John Fenn > York > Australia >
Reply to
<johnfenn