Short Bed vs Standard??

Hi all,

I have a model kit of a short bed 1984 GMC (chevy) truck. I am looking to convert it to a stanard bed.

So, where exactly does the missing length go?? As in, how much in front of the wheel, and how much behind??

Thanks.

-- John Fleming

----------------------------------- Millennia Models International Building the future - Just a little smaller

snipped-for-privacy@coldnorth.com

Reply to
John Fleming

what Are you wanting to do exactly?

Reply to
TONY 70000

Well, the kit is a short box, 6 feet. I want to convert it to a long box , 8 feet. How much of the 2 missing feet goes in front of the wheel well, and how much behind it??

-- John Fleming

----------------------------------- Millennia Models International Building the future - Just a little smaller

snipped-for-privacy@coldnorth.com

Reply to
John Fleming

You'd probably be better off just going out to a parking lot and measuring them. A few pictures would be good, too. You could also look up the wheelbase of a short bed and a long bed and compare the difference with the difference in bed length.

Is the short box 6'0" or 6'6"?

Reply to
news1

I think it is 18 inches between the rear whell opening and the front of the bed

Reply to
dadgumit