T10 4spd / 235 6cyl info

Dear Good People.
Has any one put a T 10 4Speed behind a 235 chev. 6cyl ??
I have a 58 Chev P/U and would like to do it.
What is needed / how did it perform ?
God Bless our troops, Jim
The bellhousing bolt pattern for the trans and the input shaft bearing retainer pilot should be the same size as the original 3 speed unit, so that much is simple. The clutch spline on the newer T10 is not that same as your original so you need to change the disc to a fine spline. The driveshaft yoke is also different so that has to be changed too. The truck should not have a trans crossmember so that is a non issue as the T10 just hangs off the bellhousing like the 3 speed did. I know its not good for an aluminum case but you can get away with it if you go easy on it.
Nothing that cant be done but I'd do my homework first.
Although I havent done this ecat swap, I've deal with a lot of 6 cyl chevy's and 4 speeds. Latest was a Muncie behind a 250 six, but that is a simple nut and bolt job.
-- Mike.................................................... "Opportunities are spawned from crisis"
Dear Good People.
Has any one put a T 10 4Speed behind a 235 chev. 6cyl ??
I have a 58 Chev P/U and would like to do it.
What is needed / how did it perform ?
God Bless our troops, Jim
I put a BW T-5 five speed behind a 228 GMC. Check out http://inliners.org/ click on rides, third row down on the left.
Have a great one!