Turn Sig. not working

My (L) Sig is not getting power to the bulb. It acts like the bulb is burned out but, a new bulb will not work. The Lo Power works but, the Hi is not??? Any help would be great, as I don't know what more I can do to trouble shot this???

Thanks,

Ree ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible."

Reply to
Randy E. Eaves

out but, a new bulb will not work.

know what more I can

Quite frequently this happens on the rear turn signals of a pickup and usually the problem is the ground is interrupted. The bulb uses the wire as the connection to the positive side of the battery and the body of the truck as the connection to the negative. If the bed to frame or body to frame connection gets a little rusty, you don't have a connection any more.

Your choices include everything from removing the body and bed from the frame and cleaning things up to running a wire from one of the turn signal mounting screws to the negative post of the battery. (Doing the latter makes a great test to verify the problem.) A trip down a very bumpy road or across a field may bounce it enough to clean it up for a little while.

No, I've never disassembled a pickup to get the turn signals to work.

Good luck!

Reply to
myford100

On Tue, 18 May 2004 15:24:55 -0500, "Randy E. Eaves" puked:

out but, a new bulb will not work. The Lo Power works but, the Hi is not??? Any help would be great, as I don't know what more I can do to trouble shot this???

Did you check out the mechanism the signal arm is connected to? I had that problem once and it was a bent spring inside the column. I bent it back into position and it's worked fine ever since.

lab~rat