Turn Signal Mystery

I have A 1998 Chevy S-10 4Cyl

Well I'm still trying to find the reason that my left turn signal won't blink? The brake will not light up ether but, what's strange is the right works fine. I've checked connectively to all the wires from the LTS to the RTS back to the fuse box. Also the front left signal lights blink fine too. Now inside cab the LTS blinker blinks fast and is acting like a bulb is burned out but, that's the first thing I checked.

I hope someone can give suggestions as I'm about to just give up and take it to a shop but, don't want to as I'm sure it's a simple fix. It's just heartbreaking to spend $$$$ to find out that I could have fixed it for pennies.

Thanks for all ideas as to what this "Mystery" is?

Ree

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible." -- Richard M. DeVos

Reply to
Ree

"Ree" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Did you check to verify that the voltage is present at the bulb connection? Modern digital volt meters are high impedence and can show a connection that will disappear when actual current delivery is required. If so the two common problems are a faulty bulb connection due to corrosion or dirt and a bad ground connection through the light fixture to the chassis. Or at least that would be the case on my '53 3100 6 volt. Also, swap the bulb with the right to see if the problem follows the bulb.

Reply to
Charly Coughran

Common on pickups. It takes two "wires" to operate a light bulb. On a vehicle, the second "wire" is the metal body of the truck connected to the negative post of the battery. On pickups there are several places two metal parts are bolted together and gradually their electrical connection gets crudded over. For a test, run a wire from a mounting bolt/screw of the turn signal assembly to the negative post of the battery. It may be that just taking the TS assembly out, cleaning where it's mounted, and putting it back will fix it. If it does, do the other one, too, since it won't be far behind.

For a permanent fix, run a wire from BOTH turn signals to the place the negative post of the battery is attached on the block, fender, or wherever.

Good luck and let us know how it comes out.

Reply to
myford100