US Senate May take away our choices of SUVs, Pickups, and other light trucks!

The US Senate is going to vote Tuesday July 29 on amendments to the Energy Bill that

could leave you without the pickup trucks and SUVs to tow your horses. It only takes

30 seconds to act now and send a note to your senator with a few mouse clicks.

READ BELOW:

Send Your Message At (cut and paste this into your web browser):

http:/suvoa.grassroots.com Oh Brother... It's Big Brother!! America's 24 million SUV owners are under attack

again. A pair of liberal, U.S. Senators has fallen in lock step with the extremists who

are dead set on dictating what kind of vehicle you drive. And they have your SUV on the

most wanted list.California's Sen. Diane Feinstein and Illinois' Sen. Richard Durbin are licking their liberal chops at the prospect of passing amendments to the Energy Bill that would essentially force SUVs, pickups and minivans to meet standards equal to cars.

We all want better mileage but unrealistic government mandates will lead to serious tradeoffs that most people don't want: vehicles that cost more, are smaller, less powerful, less safe, and far less useful.Picture the smallest SUV or pickup you've ever seen and that's the type that consumers would be left with. But that's not stopping elitist liberals, Hollywood millionaires or radical enviro-terrorists from claiming to know better than you what kind of automobile to drive. They don't care that SUV fuel economy has improved by 40%. They snub many hard-working Americans who consider SUVs, pickups and vans essential for work, like our hometown rescue squads and law enforcement units. They dismiss the fact that SUVs are as safe as cars. All they care about is taking away your vehicle, your choice and your freedom.

These reckless amendments threaten the very existence of SUVs, pickups and vans and

roadway safety. If the Feinstein or Durbin amendments pass then you, your passengers

and your roadway neighbors are at risk because the proposed standards would set

extreme, unsafe, fuel economy levels for SUVs, minivans and pickups. Legislating

yet-to-be invented automotive engineering advances is as irresponsible as legislating a

cure for cancer. It's a legislative menace to the safety of America's highways and it's

millions of SUV, minivan and light truck drivers and passengers. Cars are not trucks!

You can do something about it. We need to put the brakes on these dangerous amendments immediately. There is no time to lose. Congress will vote on the Feinstein and Durbin amendments as early as Tuesday, July 29 and we need you to take action against these destructive proposals NOW before it's too late.

The Sport Utility Vehicle Owners of America (SUVOA) is recruiting the 24 million

American SUV owners and others who depend on pickups and vans to join the battle

against these self-appointed Car Czars and their anti-SUV obsession. The first thing that must be done is to show Congress that we take our freedoms seriously. And that we take attacks on our freedoms even more seriously.

Right now you can do that by signing a letter rejecting the irresponsible amendments proposed by Feinstein and Durbin and sending it to your two U.S. Senators. Together, we can stop this assault on our freedom to choose the vehicle that best meets our needs. Together, we can defeat absurd legislative proposals promoted by ambitious politicians and their willing special interest zealots. But we can only do it with you.

Send Your Message At (cut and paste this into your web browser): http:/suvoa.grassroots.com

Reply to
Ron