vibration

when im going 40mph or faster. when i put the the clutch in it stops. is it a bad clutch or is the trany going out? pulled the drive line off...and tried it and no vibrating..

Sounds like a U-joint to me... I had a '77 that did the same thing... a U-joint was bad...
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:44:14 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (R G) wrote:

could be a damaged clutch plate. I've had that happen to me. if you slowly ease of the gas, does the vibration change or go away at any point?
when it starts and i let of the gas it stops. at 50 its a softer vibration. the u-joints are good and the cv-baring
its in all gears. if i get the rpms up.