Want to put a 327 engine into my 1965 Chev truck and get rid of the 250..any suggestions or infor

I have a 1965 Chev truck SB Fleet side with a 250 ( use to be a 230 ) with a little 3 speed on the column. Would really like to put a 327 ( preferred) or a
350 in it with possibly a 700r4 behind it. Any suggestions for the change out would be apreciated.
TeeJay
www.brotherstrucks.com

or a 350 in it with possibly a 700r4 behind it. Any suggestions for the change out would be apreciated.

tj,
Here is some interesting reading:
http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/chevy_small_block_v8.htm
Scroll down to the following section:
"Chevrolet Standard Shift Parts Interchange Information"
Leon Rowell
tj wrote:

little 3 speed on the column. Would really like to put a 327 ( preferred) or a 350 in it with possibly a 700r4 behind it. Any suggestions for the change out would be apreciated.

Novak are amazingly ignorant and I would double check each and every thing they say.
The inline 6 Chevy has the same bolt pattern as the V8's as I recall. In fact there is a huge commonality.
I wouldn't pay a premium for a 327 over a 350, and they do bring a premium. The 350 is a better engine with bigger mains and usually much improved castings.