Want to put a 327 engine into my 1965 Chev truck and get rid of the 250..any suggestions or infor

I have a 1965 Chev truck SB Fleet side with a 250 ( use to be a 230 ) with a little 3 speed on the column. Would really like to put a 327 ( preferred) or a

350 in it with possibly a 700r4 behind it. Any suggestions for the change out would be apreciated.

TeeJay

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
tj

a little 3 speed on the column. Would really like to put a 327 ( preferred) or a 350 in it with possibly a 700r4 behind it. Any suggestions for the change out would be apreciated.

Reply to
J. Dan Jones

tj,

Here is some interesting reading:

Scroll down to the following section:

"Chevrolet Standard Shift Parts Interchange Information"

Leon Rowell

tj wrote:

little 3 speed on the column. Would really like to put a 327 ( preferred) or a

350 in it with possibly a 700r4 behind it. Any suggestions for the change out would be apreciated.
Reply to
Leon Rowell

Novak are amazingly ignorant and I would double check each and every thing they say.

The inline 6 Chevy has the same bolt pattern as the V8's as I recall. In fact there is a huge commonality.

I wouldn't pay a premium for a 327 over a 350, and they do bring a premium. The 350 is a better engine with bigger mains and usually much improved castings.

Reply to
Accessory Section 8