What happened to stovebolt.com

Does anyone know what happened to stovebolt.com? The seems to be down. Hope it's not permanent.

Rich

Reply to
Richard Vermeesch

================= ....working fine for me....

Joe

Reply to
Joe Way

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Joe Way at snipped-for-privacy@brakecylinder.com wrote on 4/29/05 7:20 PM:

Thanks Joe. Yep. Up and running again. I just checked. I guess it was just a temporary thing. Had me worried though. All is well with the universe again.

Rich

Reply to
Richard Vermeesch

posted by baldeagle

posted 04-30-2005 01:10 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Stovebolt server has been unavailable for normal use for an undetermined amount of time. (The server was working fine, but the name could not be resolved. IOW, if you pointed your web browser to

it would never load, but if you pointed it to

66.221.101.248, it worked fine. It may have begun around 10PM CDT (3AM UTC) last night.)

I've spent quite a bit of time today trying to figure out what was wrong and have been in contact with our hosting company several times. Even they were befuddled by the behavior. In fact, I haven't heard from them in several hours. I finally gave up waiting for them and started troubleshooting the server. After a few minutes, I decided to uninstall djbdns (some may recall I installed it not too long ago) and reinstall bind.

This seems to have solved the problem, although I'm not counting my chickens before they're hatched.

I apologize for the lengthy downtime. I have no idea what the cause was, and my uninstall of djbdns and reinstall of bind may have serendipitously coincided with something that the hosting company did. (For the better part of today, neither our name server nor the hosting company's name server were responding to name requests.)

Reply to
Woogeroo®