wood bed protectant?

What's the best protectant to put on wood beds? I'm more concerned with protection than looks, but I don't want something so thick that it's brittle and cracks.

Add pictures here
✖
Hi: I do some woodworking and would use a spar varnish designed for marine use. Might want to check local boat parts/supply store. One thing is any finish will last longer if all sides and ends of the wood is coated Brian

Add pictures here
✖
The reason the bed and stock racks on my 48 Reo 2t are near perfect is that Dad slathered some of the used crankcase oil on them annualy,(reasoning? the acid that eats your bearings in a gas engine kills the microbes that cause rot)done in hot summer heat the stuff is absorbed,gives uniform color,keeps the hold down bolts from rusting,and doesn't break down in UV light like cuticy poo marine sorta finishes?
"Brian O. Barker" wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
. . ========= ========= snipped-for-privacy@stic.net (Jay Hill) wrote:
What's the best protectant to put on wood beds?
I'm more concerned with protection than looks, but I don't want something so thick that it's brittle and cracks.
=========== ===========
Creosolt.
Teak oil runs a very high second, if you think maybe you don't want that telephone pole look.
MarshMonster ~:~ ======== ========
Add pictures here
✖
what about the stuff people use for their decks at home?

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Add pictures here
✖
Jay Hill wrote:

Marine varnish
--
.boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

Add pictures here
✖
It would be expensive, but you might try clock sealer. Otherwise, any outdoor wood product (like Thompson's) would be as good as another.
--
Vernon Pope
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net