wood bed protectant?

What's the best protectant to put on wood beds? I'm more concerned with protection than looks, but I don't want something so thick that it's brittle and cracks.

Reply to
Jay Hill

Hi: I do some woodworking and would use a spar varnish designed for marine use. Might want to check local boat parts/supply store. One thing is any finish will last longer if all sides and ends of the wood is coated Brian

Reply to
Brian O. Barker

What's the best protectant to put on wood beds?

I'm more concerned with protection than looks, but I don't want something so thick that it's brittle and cracks.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Creosolt.

Teak oil runs a very high second, if you think maybe you don't want that telephone pole look.

MarshMonster ~:~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

Marine varnish

Reply to
boB

Reply to
Bill Chaplin

Linseed Oil, buy a gallon and let it saturate then every so often wipe down another coat with a damp rag.

Reply to
J. Dan Jones

It would be expensive, but you might try clock sealer. Otherwise, any outdoor wood product (like Thompson's) would be as good as another.

Reply to
supes