Woodward Cruise

We're off again! 2 of us will again drive out from the Boston area to Pontiac, MI for the Woodward Dream Cruise. leaving Tues morning at 6 and expect to arrive in Waterford, MI about 7pm. First trip for both since the conversions. So far over 1500 miles on them both with zero problems, hoping thats a good sign for the 730 mile sprint out there.

We have a Fri & Sat spot at Pheonix Center in Pontiac but of course be crusing the Avenue both days as well. I'l have my dark blue 37 Chevy 2 rd sedan / ralley wheels without hub caps, and unmistakeable 6 cylinder sound. Chris will be driving his black 36 Chevy 2 rd sedan / chrome & pantied ralley wheels, ZZ4 for power. Both cars have Mass plates and usually will be running together. If you see us say hi or wave. We love spending time talking with the people who are usually only a name here on the newsgroups. Our spots in Pontiac are on Pike St which runs alonside the Pheonix Ctr lot from Saginaw Ave down onto the Loop ( I think those are the streets names )

Hope to see some of you if you go. Met up with John and his neat blue Cuda last year.

-- Mike.................................................... "Opportunities are spawned from crisis"

Reply to
Rufus T. Firefly

Oh for the good old days. I lived in Detroit in the early 60's and Woodward Av. was the best drag strip anywhere around. You could set in any burger shop and watch them or we would go out and race until the brakes faded out, drum brakes back then. I sure do miss the good old days and thank god that I lived through it.

Reply to
Phil