2cv - Convert to LHD? (2023 Update)

Hi,

Has anyone ever converted a 2CV to LHD? If so, how difficult is it? I know I could just buy an LHD 2CV, but it's a bit more complicated than that :-)

My dad lives out in Greece, he's just been diagnosed with Parkinsons disease. He's always wanted a 2CV special - Pemberton, Grasshopper, Lomax type thing. He's now decided to buy one while he's still able to drive it. Doesn't want to waste time building it for obvious reasons.

Now, these cars are illegal in Greece but not if they are on foreign plates. He's checked all this out and wants to buy a ready built car in the UK then I'll drive it over. He wants to convert it to LHD though.

Apart from a steering rack, dash panel and pedal box, relocating master cylinder to the left, repiping the brakes and a bit of cutting and miggery to make it all fit what else needs to be done?

Any help appreciated :-)

Mr Jinx

Reply to
Mr Jinx

Try this for some leads. It should not be too difficult to source a LHD 2CV in the UK.

The Lomax is still a great looking car

Best of luck

Ian Coventry UK

Reply to
Ian

"Mr Jinx" realised it was Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:12:13 GMT and decided it was time to write:

Quickest way would be to buy a ready-made LHD car on the continent. Plenty for sale in Holland and Germany - Google is your friend.

May I also suggest a Burton?

Yippee

Speedo, head lights, fog lamp

Richard snipped-for-privacy@epbyr.bet (ROT13 to e-mail me directly). See

for most things to do with caravanning.

Reply to
Richard Cole

Richard Cole ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You've never driven in Greece, have you, Richard?

Clue :- FITMENT of any of those seems optional.

Reply to
Adrian

It is straightforward to change over. The fixings you need are already there, you just need to buy the appropriate parts. The most expensive is the steering rack, but it’s not a big problem like other cars would be.

Reply to
Geomo