6volt sealed beam

The reverse they were first used in the states circa 1938

Reply to
Ernest Bilko

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote: snip

Sealed beams were a massive improvement over the bulb headlights they replaced, continental european tungsten bulb headlights were also awful and it was only after about the mid 1980s that halogen headlights made as far as the poverty spec Fiesta.

Reply to
Ernest Bilko

RichardK-PB ( snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMbtconnect.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

"The lights are shit, but nobody else can see either"...

Reply to
Adrian

Still not working here :( The requested URL could not be retrieved whilst trying

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

Stephen Hull (Steve@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I think it's probably personal. It still works fine from here!

Reply to
Adrian

Stephen Hull realised it was Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:59:06 GMT and decided it was time to write:

Working fine here. Could be a local DNS problem, or a Yahoo filter at your end, since it's a Yahoo store.

Reply to
Yippee

Describe what you mean by a sealed beam?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Ernest Bilko saying something like:

Yes, but anyone who actually cared about decent lighting in front of them would quite willingly shell out for a pair of Cibie halogens to replace the awful bulb or sealed lamps.

In fact, some of the European bulbed lights weren't too bad - the small Renault 8 / 10, for example, had a decent set of lights that made good use of the wattage available.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Ernest Bilko saying something like:

I'd expect someone of the experience of Mst Sgt Bilko to know of the whereabouts of a large cache of them, eh?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Now you're confusing old TV shows with reality. Do you often have this problem?

Meanwhile, the OP has found out where he can get the 6V sealed beam headlights he was looking for, even though you seem to have a problem acknowledging their possible existence.

Sorry to mention it again, but for some (no doubt perverse) reason, I find it funny.

Reply to
Dan Drake

Now you're confusing Usenet with reality. Do you often have this problem?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Damn! You're quite right.

I don't know what came over me, I don't usually have that problem.

Reply to
Dan Drake

Still can't access the site, Looks like it is a DNS thing. Ahh well never mind, though it's a good job I don't need a sealed beam replacement.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

It works ok here using Oregano.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't think these were ever made. I would go to

and purchase a halogen conversion kit - which they do for headlamps. I shouldn't expect too much problem modifying it to fit a fog light.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Chadbund

I thought old tv shows were real - not like the current so-called "reality shows"

Pete

Reply to
Peter Chadbund

You may find that the base too bulky when putting it into a fog lamp. But this would be a very practical idea as there are a mulitude of lamps and semi sealed units that would fit.

Reply to
Rob