'73 MG Midget - repair section for nearside rear wheel arch (round type)

My brother is restoring a '73 Midget, and is looking for a wheel arch repair section for the nearside rear wing (not the whole arch or wing). It's of the round arch type, not the later squared-off type. A section intended for another vehicle, but which could be 'persuaded' to fit, would be OK.

Any information would be appreciated.

Reply to
Andrew Marshall

You could try EarlPart

they haven't got a Midget section, they might know what else can be madeto fit.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

In message , Jim Warren writes

Many thanks for the link, Jim; it certainly looks as if they may be able to help. I've printed off their contact details and I'll pass them to my brother.

Reply to
Andrew Marshall

Given the complete wing is so cheap, would it not be better and easier to replace it whole?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

172 quid, so I'm told; he's not keen on spending that much if he can get a repair section and weld it in. The rest of the wing is sound.
Reply to
Andrew Marshall

Ah. I had it in mind at about 40 quid.

Indeed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No such luck, I fear...

Reply to
Andrew Marshall

I believe there's a lower-half repair section for less than £80 - have a look at

Needs careful welding to avoid rippling it along the join. MGB Hive are very helpful, so it's worth talking to them if in doubt.

Reply to
Autolycus

If it's that sort of money I'll go back to my views about fitting a new wing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)