A35 Tuning

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting an A30/35 but possibly improving (!) it with some go faster bits - period of course. I remember an article on tuning classics in Practical Classics published in around 87 or 88 which featured an A35 which had been fitted with various Spridget bits and would like to do the same.

Does anyone know of any web resources which may be able to help, examples etc? Suggested spec (and I don't have a car yet so apologies if this is poo) would be:

1275 engine, gearbox etc. Replacement telescopic dampers, probably using kits for a 1275 spridget- used to have a 1973 one which had these bits. Anti roll bars etc. if required Steering modified to be r & p instead of a box ? Disk brakes from spridget.

Essentially making a Midget with a roof out of an A30/35 instead of an A30/35 into a convertible which is where the sprite came from! Essentially after something which could be used regularly, if not daily at least in the summer. I live in Edinburgh so if it's not raining it's going to!

Thanks for any advice.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Moore

I might just know where (40 miles west of you) you could lay your hands on an A40 with all this done to it except the steering rack (don't think that is a possible conversion) -- depends if my mate still has it if your interested I'lll check..

Reply to
dilbert

Hi, If Chris isn't interested I (another Chris) might well be - probably best to email bearing in mind it might involve a sale and clutter up the group a bit!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Glaister

Unfortunately the money is coming and not here yet :-( but at least it's good to know it's possible. I seem to remember someone had done the steering change, but it did involve extensive work - may even have been another rack. Hmmm. Will see if I can dig it out.

Thanks for the info.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Moore