Anyone recognise this 1930s Brooklands / LSR car ?

that George Eyston on the far left? andalso

6 exhaust stubs, so it's not a Lion. Brooklands silencer, so it probably ran there.

Outside Delaney's garage, a well-known haunt for such things

Andy Dingley

It was many, many years ago when I was last there, so my memory is pretty hazy, but in the Beaulieu Motor Museum there was the car that once gained the world speed record for a diesel engine. I think it looked a bit like the one in the photos.

Probably not though. You wouldn't put short open pipes on a diesel - it would be deafening.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

I minor concern at the time I suspect, it's only in recent years that 'noise pollution' and the health risks have been taken into consideration...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Sign up to the Atlas F1 Nostalgia board; if they can't help you, no-one can...

Halmyre

'Speed of the Wind' it was called and there was a Dinky Toy made of it. You're right about the speed record bit. Eyston drove it - I don't know where or when, but I'm sure Google does. However I'm off to bed...

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R N Robinson

Wonderful! I wondered what "Speed of the Wind" looked like.

Didn't know there was a Dinky of it, although I have the Dinky of his Thunderbolt.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

off topic i know, but i've tried posting on here as a new post and it doesn't seem to be here so i'm trying by replying to a post. dave

Reply to
dave