Apollo HVLP

Someone recently mentioned the Apollo HVLP Spray set as a worthwhile purchase for spraying cellulose instead of the normal compressor etc.

Has anyone any comments re the various versions ?

Is the cheapeat worth buying?

Is it easy to keep clean?

Where`s the cheapest seller?

Thanks

Scott

Reply to
Scott Bowers

In article , Dave Plowman writes

I think it may have been me.

I've had two, but I think they were both the same (bottom of the range) model.

I'd say so, but regrettably it no longer comes with all the accessories you need, so make sure you know what you're getting. The first one I had came with two different nozzle sizes. Fortunately for me, the one they no longer include was not fitted when the thing got stolen, so its absence in the replacement didn't worry me too much.

Agreed - I'd say it's easier than the other guns I've used.

The recommended thickness (IIRC the viscosity measuring cup is another accessory that's no longer standard?) is fine for cellulose primer, but you get a matt finish. I tend to do the first colour coat at that for good coverage, but then thin progressively more for the next two.

Reply to
Robert Pearce