Beaulieu Autojumble 2004

I am from Malaysia. My wife and I are planning a trip to London in September 2004.

I am a bit of a car buff. I own a 1988 BMW 318iwhich is my daily driver.I know its not a classic but there are many people keen on driving old cars where I come from.

Anyway I was doing some research and realised that Beaulieu Autojumble National Motor Museum, Beaulieu.(

)in on 11-12 Sept

2004.

I would love to visit the musuem and the library while I am in London.(How far is it from London?).

What do they have at the jumble....second hand car magazines?

Could I find parts for my E30?

Thanks.

Reply to
dpillai

About 150km from the centre of London. It's to the west of Southampton Water.

Everything!

Possibly. Pardon my ignorance, but what's an E30?

Reply to
Richard Porter

Hi, The only advice I can give is not to underestimate the scale of Beaulieu Autojumble - it is truly HUGE! If you are a casual browser then it's no great deal to just browse until you get bored. If you really want to at least have a cursory look at each stand, you will need the full 2 days to get around, without having time left to check out the museum. The motto associated with the event runs something like "If you can't find it at Beaullieu, it probably doesn't exist". Cheers, Bill.

Bill Davies

I suspect he means the BMW 3 series with the E30 model code - ie the late eighties models (IIRC).

Ciao

Zak

-- ========================================================================

Searchable database of 10 000+ car specs========================================================================

Reply to
Zak McGregor

Hi Dpillai

yes, car magazines, but more importantly for the classic car owner, stall after stall of bits & pieces of old car; lamps, handles, panels, you name it, it's there. There will also be new parts to match the old ones, and perishable items such as rubber strips. Upholstery bits & pieces, paint, oils & greases; Everything to do with classic cars (and bearing in mind that classic seems to be anything pre-eighties at the moment, that's a lot of stuff!)

Beaulieu is right on the South Coast, just South of Southampton (very conveniently located for a so-called national museum I have to say) The RAC roue planner

calcuates it at 91miles from centralLondon.

I personally could spend a good week there, especially if visiting the autojumble.

Hope you have a great time on your visit. Try not to be a totally typical tourist - there are some bits of the UK worth visisting outside of London, believe it or not!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Beck