BMC/BLMC part numbers

Can anybody tell me what cars have parts numbers beginning with "ALA", "ADA", and "24G" please?

TIA

Reply to
Neil McDonald

I seem to remember ALA part numbers in connection with Austin 18/22 series, but I may be wrong. Dunno about ADA, but 24G is the prefix for a fitment of rover v8 engine. Never heard it used as a part number prefix though. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Can be used on any of the range. 24G comes up in mini stuff even

Reply to
Rob

ADA appears in the A40 parts book too, as does 24G.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Thanks for your help guys. "24G3754" is on a chrome door sill kickstrip about 5-6 feet long - I only ever owned short 2-door BMC cars so I have no idea where that came from! "ALA4702" is a chrome mounting/surround for, I think, a front sidelight/indicator so possibly the 18/22 series - I haven't seen one of them for a long time. "ADA3891" appears to be a number plate backing plate, could have been any car so the A40 is a good starting point.

Neil McDonald

Reply to
Neil McDonald

No, that's not A40, the number plate screws straight to the bootlid. I have the full A40 parts list, those numbers aren't in it. Google returns Nordisk Morris Minor Lager - Minor Catalogue ADA3891. plate for number plate front. ADA683. plate for number plate rear.

...which solves that one, but I drew a blank on the others.

Reply to
Chris Bolus