bmw 2002

check the brajes disengage, they could of seized by now, if need be string the shoes out of the drums then move it.

change the oil/coolant in the engine, clean up earth points, put a fresh battery on, take all the plugs out, drop a little oil down the bores and turn it over by hand if all is ok try the starter, ensure there are no water leaks/serious oil leaks and make sure you get decent oil pressure. if all is well add a new set of plugs and give her a go.

Reply to
Mark Craft

Hey every one..

I have just inherited a 74 bmw 2002 from my dad. The car is in good shape, ie next to no rust and interior is good..

Unfortunatly the car has been sitting in one spot for three years. Before we move it what should be done to ensure the lest damage is done to the running gear. Also when the day comes to turn the engine over is there any preperation that should be done to ensure it doesnt seize or ruin itself?

thanks cowlum

Reply to
Cowlum