bonnet emblem mystery

bit of a long shot this.... bonnet emblem - big eagle thing, a bit like the Vauxhall Gryphon but without the lion body-parts. Anyone shed any light on what manufacturer this might be? Pic here:

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
JT

It may not be specific to any one manufacturer. Particularly in the twenties and thirties is was quite common for wealthier owners to commission their own bonnet mascots. Some people still do - there's a racehorse owner who always replaces the Leaper on his Jaguars with a horse, and a slightly eccentric friend of mine who had a number of Rolls-Royces dating from 1924 to mid-fifties had a growling lion on all of them rather than the usual Spirit of Ecstacy.

Have a look at

- probably find the answer there.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

I remember years ago reading of a Rolls Royce with a golden sausage emblem. ISTR the owner was the chairman of a cooked meats empire. Perhaps it was Bowyers?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

This is true, when I worked for RR they had a Silver Shadow in for servicing that indeed had a sausage with wings instead of the current flying lady.

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Hull