Choosing a paint colour

I am trying to decide what colour to paint my car. So far I have made an outline drawing and experimented by infilling it with various colours using Picture Publisher. The trouble is the result is flat and not very helpful. I am sure I have come across a simple 3D type program somewhere that will give some light and shade effects.

Can anyone recommend any software that will help.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

I'd not rely on any software or monitor to give more than an approximation. Better choosing a colour you've seen on a real car - preferably one the same, or similar in shape to yours.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Adobe Illustrator should do the job including highlights and shadows.

rm

Reply to
Rob

You could try the one that comes as standard equipment with people; it's located between the ears and is called 'imagination' ;-)

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

R.N. Robinson ( snipped-for-privacy@frumiousbandersnatch.freeserve.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I think you'll find that's a factory option, not fitted to most models.

Reply to
Adrian

Oh no. Definitely standard equipment with children, but I'll grant you that without exercise and nurture it doesn't always survive into adulthood :-(

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson