Classic Car hire.. straw poll.

Yippee ( snipped-for-privacy@intuh.net.invalid) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Sounds like a good idea.

Oooh, TR5...

Bit long since Bergerac was last repeated.

Mmmm.

If it comes with a shoe-horn (or one for the other foot), where do I book?

Yep, I'll go with those.

Reply to
Adrian

RichardK-PB ( snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMbtconnect.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Reply to
Adrian

Pete M ( snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Naff, naff, naff, naff...

Aceca?

Reply to
Adrian

In news:Xns95F0DBA2A766Badrianachapmanfreeis@130.133.1.4, Adrian decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Thinking S1.5, want synchro.

Nor me, but nicely wafty

yeah, probably, but I do want some sort of crowd!

I know.. :-)

There is in the south, but I'm up North!.

Too likely to get thrashed. Caterhams can take it, MX5s can, Boxters are pretty reliable. Elises are more likely to be killed.

Yeah, that'd be "stage two".. if it kicks off.

Heh..

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M ( snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Hence explicitly 4.2. Did the s1.5 have the faired-in lights?

Customers that cost you money and down-time are not the customers you want.

'course - you're between the Lake District and North Wales, right? Marketing, dear boy, marketing...

Still - you wanna bet?

?hl=en&q=yorkshire+classic+car+hire

OK, OK, a couple of days mid-week would be acceptable. Less traffic in the nicer places to take it, too.

Reply to
Adrian

In news:ctov26$lqd$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk, John Redman decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

the TR5 is getting quite a few votes 'ere...

Yeah, but less likely to go out on hire.. a "stage 2" car.

Ta

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote

Jensen Interceptor Triumph Stag TR5 Alfa Romeo GTV2000 / GTV6 Jag XK150 FHC - still relatively cheap versus an E-type?

Reply to
John Redman

Lotus 7 Lotus Elan (all variants) Lotus Cortina Lotus Carlton Lotus Elite Lotus Europa Lotus Eclat Lotus Esprit.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

oh, and a Delorean, and a Volvo 242 coupe.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Will you give me a job?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Pete M ( snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I s'pose if you're looking at FHC vs Roadster - but compare apples with apples - FHC XK vs FHC E... I'd have the XK.

Reply to
Adrian

Tim S Kemp ( snipped-for-privacy@timkemp.karoo.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You're as bad as Richard. Oh, and they were 262s not 242s...

Reply to
Adrian

what /ever/

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I know someone selling a '76 Jensen Interceptor...

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I would at least prefer a 780 over a 262.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Heh, maybe...

Reply to
Pete M

In news:Xns95F0E5150D6CCadrianachapmanfreeis@130.133.1.4, Adrian decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Hmm, mebbe you're right...

definately an E for the drophead though.

Reply to
Pete M

Yes. This should be your first buy.

No. No. No.

Yeah, but what about a green '67 GT fastback? And while you're at it might as well get the '68 Dodge Charger R/T to go with it.

Nice, but wouldn't be my first choice that's for sure.

Maybe.

Nah.

Would it come with a stick on tache and a Hawaiian shirt?

The 550 please.

I'd go for the MG over this.

No.

Yes. Not a first choice though. How about an MG RV8?

Yes.

No. I wouldn't bother getting one, at least not to start with anyway.

Here's a few other suggestions:-

'62-'64 Lincoln Continental. Buy a white one and then you can hire it for weddings. Black would be cooler and I suppose it'd be something different as opposed to Lincoln Towncar limos. (And yes I do realise it's not exactly car hire)

AC Cobra or a decent replica

Rover P5B Coupé

Lotus Cortina

TVR Cerbera or Tuscan.

Austin Healey 3000

2005 Ford Mustang

'67 Ford Mustang GT Fastback

'68 Dodge Charger R/T

Triumph TR5

Reply to
Letharge

Amongst others, I've always wanted a Skoda Estelle 130LSE. Has to be early one, with the spoiler type front bumper and round lights though.

Don't see many around nowadays, and I think they've gone past my budget (100 quid tops, with T&T) and started getting collectable :(

Reply to
Stuffed

Exactly, and a decent FHC is going to cost about the same as a shed of a convertible in each case. More cars for the same outlay and they'd rent in the winter too.

Reply to
John Redman