classic car trip UK, Ireland

I'm seeking advice for a couple planning a 3-week driving trip, in an E-type Jaguar, from Gloucester across Wales to and around Ireland, over to Scotland, and back to Gloucester in May. Might they come across any interesting car shows or car museums in their travels? Does anyone have any advice I can pass along re. things to see, do, avoid? Places to stay? Many thanks.

Reply to
dcunning

Which ferry crossing from Wales? If they're going from Holyhead, the Anglesey Vintage Rally is held on about the 3rd weekend in May.

Hate to ask, but have they driven in Ireland before? Irish roads can be surprisingly tough on a car. My favourite areas are the bottom left corner - Ring of Kerry, Beara Peninsula, Dingle (each need a full day) - and the Burren in County Clare.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke