Classic Saab 900 wheel needed

Due to poor road maintenance and hitting a waterfilled pothole, we now need a wheel (steel or alloy) 5.5Jx15 for a 1986 Saab 900. The PCD is 4x114, ET40 with a centre hub of 70mm

Please only reply if you have one or have contact details of someone who has. And yes I've spent all week on the phone and have tried the breakers, Saab dealers and the 'experts' that I've been given

We can collect from almost anywhere in UK.

Cheers

ALSO, Just for you Richard Polhill - is it OK to call this a classic or are you or some other some snotty-nosed pillock going to complain as you tend to have a snide comment about most of the postings you read!!

Reply to
Classic Car Man

try seanwicks AT msn dot com

I bought all my saab spares s/h from him..

Cheers

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Does that include SalVo in Ilkeston? Be surprised if they haven't got one.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Chris Bolus ( snipped-for-privacy@RILEYELFb0lus.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

A quick look on eBay reveals several complete sets of alloys for classic

900s, and a couple of complete cars being broken.

I think I lobbed out a couple of spare steel C900 rims a couple of years ago.

Anyway - don't 9000 rims fit?

Reply to
Adrian

I wouldn't have thought so, 'cos I'm sure all the Type 4 cars shared PCD and offset.

(This I know because the Alfa 164 takes a completely different wheel to the rest of the range - 156 wheels will fit just about every 5-stud Alfa ever made, bar the 164)

Reply to
SteveH

9000 rims won't fit an '86 900. They would fit the post 1989 C900 ....

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Mike P ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I forgot they pissed around to that extent with the C900... Wasn't it '87ish, though, when the slant nose came in?

Reply to
Adrian

The slant nose came in, but the underpinnings (front wheel handbrake etc) didn't change until 89.... I've just (foolishly?) bought another. Couldn't find a nice XM for what cash I had to spare :-(

Reply to
Mike P

Mike P ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ah.

I likes 'em.

Did a lot of my learning to drive in my mother's '86 900i 5-dr, had the '87

900i 2-dr that we took to Africa, and my brother had a late 16v. He's got a Vectra900 now, but he never did have any taste.

Should have said. There's usually plenty about. I can think of a couple of decent ones at the mo, depending on budget.

Reply to
Adrian

I think they're fantastic cars :-) I've an addiction to the turbo models. There's not many cars can carry an entire 2CV running gear,, axles, wings and front seats insde it at "those speeds" ..well apart from big Citroens..

Only looking to spend around £6-700 at the moment, and I want to drive, not fix ;-) Well, at least be able to fix it without losing my mind... I don't think I could have picked up a decent xm that didn't need much for that sort of money. My last P-reg one was £800 with 220k on it..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Facelift was Oct '86 (for 87 model year) 9000 hubs and brakes came in Oct '87.

Pre '87 is 4x4.5 PCD

Post '87 is 4x108 (same as Ford etc)

Reply to
john

My July 88 registered 900 8V turbo had the earlier type hubs and brakes. Slant nose.

MIke

Reply to
Mike P