colour code Vauxhall Viva 1966 HA model?

Dear all,

I'm trying to find the colour name that belongs to the colour code 478 on a 1966 Vauxhall Viva HA (at the time, built in Antwerp).

Any suggestions on where to search?

Thanks, marcel

Reply to
blah

GEM.478 is Tunesiengelb Tunisia Yellow in the modern PPG colour directory but this colour is 1990-1994 not 1966 :(

Is your colour yellow? and are you sure the code is 478?.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

A yellow viva HA ---- :-) You must be under 35 !!! yellow cars were invented in 1971 :-) So many HAs were an awful shade of dirty taupe brown they were called the Mars bar car. Only Yellow HAs were vans GPO telephones/BT. Only colours I ever saw HA cars in were dirty brown, a dirty royal blue a very dark bottle green a brick red. On top line model (SL ?) had a contrasting stripe which would be a lime green on a green car, a sky blue on a blue car, brown on a brick red car, and brick red on a brown car.

Reply to
Domminic Hyde

Strange, I've never seen a brown one. Mostly I've seen sky blue. My parents had the bottle green one though.

My dad did have one van that was a very nasty slime green though! Almost fluorescent.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

I thought they were all rust coloured - well after a year or two anyway. :-)

Reply to
Ian Edwards

In message Domminic Hyde wrote: [snip]

No try over 50 ;)

There were a few yellow Viva HA's in circulation at that time sporting the following colours between 61 and 69. Honey Gold, Shark, Tibetan and Elkhart yellow.

Indeed and I've a list of the intermediate striping colours that were used on these old Vauxhall models :)

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

My HA is Meteor Blue (quite a dark blue) don't remember the colour code though

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

They did do a few HA's in brown, even in red!

Did anyone see a HA Viva in metallic though?. Answers on a postcard please :)

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

Colour code for Meteor Blue GEM.2390 ;)

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

In 1970, I lived next door to someone who had a white HA. Don't know if that was its original colour though - it wasn't new when he bought it.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Ask on the forums at

- I'm sure their people would be able to help.

Mike

Mike

Mike wrote: > Ask on the forums at

- I'm sure their people > would be able to help. >

People,

Thanks for your input in such a short time. I'll pass on the news to my dad who's currently getting his relic roadworthy again. I'm not exactly sure what colour the car is, but it seems to me that it's a kind of light-brownish sandy colour but I'm not entirely certain about that. It's definitely not yellow as one of the previous posters suggested.

Glad to see that so many car enthusiasts also know the way to newsgroups these days :-)

Regards, marcel

Reply to
blah