Custom made Extrusions

I'm looking for a company that can make a short run of door and boot seal extrusions for my 1960 Vanden Plas Limousine (unless someone has some new old stock) because none of the car trimming suppliers can supply anything even close. I've tried the VDP owners club and they can't help

I'm on the Lincolnshire/Cambridge border, so fairly close would be nice so I can visit them and see their dies, but anywhere in UK would be fine

Reply to
Classic Car Man

I was investigating having some rubber trim made a while back but haven't got any further with it yet due to other things.

snipped-for-privacy@darubber.com

Chinese but the site is available in English.

Was emailing someone called "Angel" there. :-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Mark S. realised it was Wed, 16 Aug 2006

18:36:38 +0100 and decided it was time to write:

Did they say how many miles their minimum order quantity was?

Reply to
Yippee

You can buy all these standard types freely here in the UK.

I need to find a UK manufacturer who can make a sensible quantity at a sensible price - even if I have to buy 1000m of each type.

Still looking and still hoping

Reply to
Classic Car Man

Reply to
David Billington

I have dealt with a number of differerent extrusion manufacturers in the UK. The first seal I commissioned was run at 100 metres b a small volume supplier. I was never altogether happy with this and subsequently used a supplier which was geared up to larger volumes. I found that from the right source, 300 metres could be supplied at a similar cost to 100 metres from the wrong source! Quality was also significantly better.... Contact me privately and I will be happy to point you towards some useful sources. My preferred supplier has subsequently been bought-up by one of the multinationals, so they may no longer be competitive. There are others I deal with who should be able to quote on a similar quantity, Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
Bill Davies