E-Type steering wheel

Does anybody happen to know if the steering wheel from a Series 1 E-'Type (1961-1967) also fits the MK 2 saloon? Or anything else, come to that? It's highly likely as Mr Lyons standardised across the range as far as possible to keep costs down. The central aperture is 2.25in.

TIA

GeoffMacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Geoff Mackenzie" saying something like:

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Acutally it does yes, it also fits the jag mk10 even the first xj6

snipped-for-privacy@theminorsite.co.uk

Reply to
Mike Dean

Fits all the way up to the XJ40.

There are different bosses available for different cars. For the cars with auto-cancelling indicators you need to remove a small plastic "thingy" from the old steering wheel and add it to the back of the E-type steering wheel.

Which reminds me, I have an old E-type Motolita steering wheel that I must get around to flogging.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Recommend you do! Mine was a MotoLita from an E-Type which I didn't ultimately fit (had the original refurbed instead) and it made £72 on eBay. Not even the original part - had MotoLita engraved on it, whereas the correct one - which may well have been made by MotoLita, I don't know - didn't.

GMacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

Hmm sounds good. I don't live too far from Thruxton and Motolita's workshop - if they are still going, haven't been out that way for some time. So I have a ready supply of "classic" steering wheels.

I'm trying to remember, I thought the price new was less than £72? Or is it a very long time since I was last there?

Reply to
Steve Firth

It is indeed a long time! This exact model is £144, probably plus VAT.

GMacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

Well, blow me down. And checking the Motolita website the one I have is valued at £196. Ebay here we come.

Reply to
Steve Firth