Electronic injection inlet manifold for triumph herald

Hi My dad bought a mk 4 spitfire with a herald engine. Since this i a single carb engine, and not the original, I would like to make electronic fuel injection for it. But is there anyone who has made an inlet manifold for minimum two injectors?

/Jeppe Holm

Reply to
Jeppe Holm

i supose it may be possible to convert it to single point injection.

but you can buy a ventury that will fit between the carb and the airfilter box.

Reply to
bongo

My guess would be to find a manifold for twin-choke carbs then fit throttle bodies and suitable injectors onto that. Check out "Retro Cars" magazine, there's a lot of stuff about DIY electronic injection systems in there.

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Edwards

Reply to
David Billington

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Jeppe Holm" saying something like:

You could make up a 4-runner manifold and look at getting a MegaSquirt setup with 4 injectors.

If all you want is a 2 injector manifold, try to find the twin Stromberg manifold as a starting point and use two throttle bodies with injectors.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

If you're going this far, wouldn't it be easier to simply fit a modern engine and box?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)