FA: Workshop Manual Triumph Herald, Vitesse & Spitfire

How much ?

I assume you can be contacted at snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com ?

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

whatever it gets

Yes... and I have very good spamfilters as well

Reply to
Des

How about Usenet abuse reports to eBay....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

You can filter FA: out if you want

Reply to
Des

That's not the point; it's against Ebay rules to advertise your auctions in newsgroups. What would happen to the group if everyone selling classic car gear did the same?

Reply to
Chris Bolus

No, you can stop spamming, you are the one who is breaking both your ISP's and eBay's AUP's after all...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

snipped the bit you don't like

From ebay eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the Usenet board policy. If Usenet abuse is reported to eBay, we may among other remedies remove the listing, issue a warning, or suspend the user's eBay account.

Please note that eBay can only take action in cases where it's clear it was an eBay member who posted to the Usenet group inappropriately.

I have made one post to UKRCC referring to a Classic car manual for sale on ebay. Which, as this is a classic car group, I would have thought it may be of interest to someone on the group. I don't class that as ' spamming' Now over the last few years I have posted once before to UKRCC for a classic car which I had for sale on Ebay, and got only good response. I had not realised that UKRCC now had a Policy against that. I have snipped the link from this Post , which I notice no one else (including me for which I apologise) had done

Regards

Des

Reply to
Des

: That's not the point; it's against Ebay rules to advertise your auctions : in newsgroups.

No it's not. The eBay rule is

"eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the Usenet board policy."

and the charter for uk.rec.cars.classic says

"Advertising Lengthy and or off- topic posts will not be welcome. Short (i.e. 10 lines max.) announcements of relevant products, services and events, inviting e-mail inquires or suggesting URLs for further information, will be allowed."

There is therefore absolutely no reason, from either the eBay or the Usenet side, why short details of appropriate auctions should not be posted here.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

: No, you can stop spamming, you are the one who is breaking both your : ISP's and eBay's AUP's after all... : Is he bollocks. Perhaps you would care to quote the eBay rules and newsgroup charter on the subject?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

: I had not realised that UKRCC now had a Policy against that.

It doesn't. You are welcome to post links to auctions. Jerry is not - how shall I put this? - the most reliable of authorities.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Thanks Ian

I had read the FAQ before posting and the following just about covers it!

Advertising

Lengthy and or off- topic posts will not be welcome. Short (i.e. 10 lines max.) announcements of relevant products, services and events, inviting e-mail inquires or suggesting URLs for further information, will be allowed. If traffic is heavy enough, uk.cars.classic.forsale might be created at some future date.

(thanks to David)

I must admit over the years I have found a few things from relevant links on various news groups, and I believed most readers find them useful....... but I suppose there are always the minority

Regards

Des

Reply to
Des

events,

information,

Well if you want this group to descend into nothing but one line adverts for the services of eBay, carry on. The OP was not advertising his manual, he was advertising the services of eBay, that is off topic.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

not -

He was advertising the services of eBay, that is not allowed.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

message

covers it!

Well tell us how much you want for the manual then - otherwise you are advertising the services of an online auction, that is not a classic car part etc., it's a commercial AUCTION.

inviting

created at some

useful....... but

uk.adverts is the group you want if you just want to advertise the services of an online auction....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Well as he wont tell us how much he wants for the manual he is spamming the services of eBay, he is advertising an auction.

You really are a thick halfwit.

BTW, do you own that email as a valid address, or are you breaking your own ISP's AUP?...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

"announcements of relevant products, services and events,"

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

This is my take on it, as I was involved with a similiar discussion, If an individual has a relevent item associated with any car that within reason is a classic car, be it a part, a manual or a brochure can advertise here. So if I did this from my garage and not through ebay, thats ok? So whats the diferance, im still going to get the money for it... And how can a person selling on an online auction be a commercial seller? If something is being sold through a commercial site, a service with a fee by a member of the public he isnt a commercial seller, it would be differant if I was a trader selling through an Ebay shop, or would it? I always listed items of a relevant nature wether it be a part for a Ford, a brochure for a triumph or a manual for a morris. I will continue to advertise my stuff that would otherwise be thrown into the rubbish, such as a gearbox for an austin 7, a back axle for a lea francis or a luggage trunck for a dusenberg that I have in my loft, yes I have these things, but in future i will simply announce it that they are for sale, anyone interested will be sent an ebay link, then the trolls in this group wont be able to police it. You cant report Ebay infrigements to ebay if you ask for details of something I have advertised for sale within this group.

Jono

Reply to
Barspeed1975

: Well tell us how much you want for the manual then - otherwise you : are advertising the services of an online auction, that is not a : classic car part etc., it's a commercial AUCTION.

Oh, don't be silly.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston