Fade-out interior lights in classics ?

We just bought a *new* family can and I've gotta say that I enjoy the gadgets it has such as fade out interior lights. So when you close the door the light(s) stay on for say 10 seconds then fade out.

I want them on my old cars!

Anybody attempted this as I guess you can rip the components from a modern car ? and/or anyone seen a kit available for this ?

Lee '71 Westy '57 Samba

Reply to
Lee Griffiths

Lee Griffiths realised it was Fri, 29 Dec

2006 13:36:54 +0000 and decided it was time to write:

Feeding Google with the right keywords (courtesy, light, delay, inurl:co.uk) turns up many solutions, the most promising of which seems:

Yippee

Lee Griffiths realised it was Fri, 29 Dec

2006 13:36:54 +0000 and decided it was time to write:

Kit:

(should be available from all good electronic components suppliers)

Reply to
Yippee

Halfords used to sell an interior light delay unit, for under £10. Simply connected to one of the door switches. The interior light stayed on for a few seconds after the door was closed. They worked quite well, I fitted one to one of my older cars. Try Maplins or do a google search. I'm sure someone will still be selling them. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Maplins have a shedload of Time Delay kits.

Reply to
Conor

Yeah, I got all excited at the Velleman kit and rather annoyingly it's the one Maplin doesn't sell. boo. Although their kit only has adjustable delay, no fade out/

The delay relays are easily available, but I don't see any delay + fade-out.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Griffiths

From a practical POV, what does it matter if it hasn't got fadeout? Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

The point is that I want the fade out.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Griffiths

Just spotted this in next months EPE mag

Looks like I'll be buying a copy : )

Lee

Reply to
Lee Griffiths