Final bit of help needed to get my midget going!

The little dear decided to blow her top back in August. With one thing and another, it has taken me til now to get the head rebuilt and reinstalled. When I finally got her restarted, what a buzz... just as great a sound as before but so quiet in comparison (I had a cracked exhuast manifold to eplace as well) unfortunaely, as she has been sat for 5 months, the clutch has decided to stick, and I really don't want to pull the engine, as I am working on the kerbside here and the neighbours are good folk.

So, any advice on how to unstick it?? I have bled the hydraulic system.... thought that was initially the problem.

Help!!!

Reply to
M Marsay

See the thread below "has the Hillman Hunted its last"

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Had to bash it back and forth in first and reverse a bit as well, but it worked great! Just been for a spin and its a great as I remember! Mind you, the tendancy of the revs to drop off on idle is annoying, but its a small price to pay

Thanks to everyone who replied, both posted or e-mailed.

Reply to
M Marsay

Hardly purist, I know, but I favour brutality. Start it up in first gear then pump the clutch and pound the brakes once you are rolling. Or just drive it around, sort of double-declutching without a clutch (IYSWIM) - easy on that gearbox - just match the revs. Bet it frees off within a mile or so.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

If it is not very stuck, and you hold the pedal down with a stick for a couple of days, the springs that separate the two layers of frictal material will probably do the job for you. If However you have to drive it, try and find a long hill, and use as high a gear as you can, if you think about it when a failing clutch first slips, it does so under these conditions when the most torque is applied. And it will do the least amount of dammage.

Good luck.

Reply to
Charles