Finding Ford 302 V8 heads in the UK?

Anyone got ant idea where I might be able to find a decent set of heads for my Ford 302? Plenty about in the US but haven't found many places in the UK. Cheers, Dan

Reply to
Dan

Hi Mark,

I have a '78 302, as you probably know these are one of the lowest performance 302's around. Basically I'm looking to improve as much as possible without spending a fortune. I reckon my best bet would be a set of E7TE heads (fitted to early 90's 302's I believe). Hopefully I can find a ported set somewhere. I'd love to go for brand new HP heads but don't think I can afford it really. If you happen across any or know any good places to try please let me know! It's depressing to browse ebay.com and see how many are on offer but the shipping to the UK is ~$300 .

Cheers, Dan

Reply to
Dan

try rodley motors in Bradford I think.... or the Blues Brothers in Crewe.. they're always mucking about with that kinda stuff.

01270 215005
Reply to
Pete M

A US scrappie selling hemis for $100? Where? In your dreams! Unless you were talking about some hemi other than the Chrysler 426...

Reply to
Dan Drake

Dan,

try smax smith as well

Mark Craft

Or, pack an empty bag, get a standby ticket to the States, hire a car and get your heads at a junkyard - probably all for less than the UK price of new heads.

In article , snipped-for-privacy@spam.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Dan, if you are in the North of England, It's stars and stripes weekend at Tatton park, Knutsford. American cars, Rods and Customs, Bikes, displays, autojumble and trade stands.

Today was the first day, and it is open 9am-5pm Tomorrow. Might be worth a looksee, and make some contacts even if you don't find a set there.

I'm going to look at the Rods and Customs.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Unfortunately I'm right down on the south coast (Southampton way) but thanks anyway! Cheers, Dan

Reply to
Dan

In article , snipped-for-privacy@spam.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

No Worries. Saw people mention Bradford and Crewe, and though maybe you were up this neck of the woods. Good luck with it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Dan, get your arse over to Thorney Island (next to hayling island ) next weekend ( on the sunday ) for the Victory Wheelers Show / South Coast Nats - you might just find something! if not will get some useful contacts...

Mark

Reply to
Mark Craft