Ford Capri classic car 1977

I am in the UK and looking to sell a classic 1977 Ford Capri 1.3L Perfect "As New" condition, all original components, 57,000 miles 1 owner.

Is anyone able to advise where would be a good place to advertise? I would like it to be sold to a collector.

Cheers, Tony

Reply to
Anty

Capri owners club would be a good place to start.

mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

The local branches of the club often also have their own sites with classifieds as well, Lancashire does I know for sure.

- a popular site with free ads, I'd certainly advertise my car there.

- worth looking in to as, at our club anyway, it is the main sales place for Capris talked about at the moment. Obviously might not be best place to get the right price as it's an auction site, none-the-less...

- free ads, can't do any harm; likewise
- who'll print it in their free ads paper too.

- downside is that you'll have to pay to advertise, but would reach a much larger audience than the free ads sites.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Halsall

But who would want the utterly guttless car that completely devalued the sporting pretensions of the Capri? Did they short change on stuff like brakes, final drive, dash instruments and trim as well or was it just the engine? Would the 2.0 or V6 drop in or would you have to uprate lots of other bits too? And would anyone that didn't know chassis numbers by rote be able to tell?

Peter Hill

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Peter Hill decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Yup, they skimped on everything, smaller brakes, less beefy axle, soggier springs, 2 clock dash, and the V6 shells are gusseted between the inner wings and front firewall, and there's extra bracing between the inner sills and the crossmember infront of the rear seats...

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M ( snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

In short, avoid like the plague?

Reply to
Adrian

In news:Xns94C362785C8D5adrianachapmanfreeis@130.133.1.4, Adrian decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

avoid like a particularly virulent strain of an extremely nasty plague.

Think of it this way, it's the only model of Capri [1] that hasn't got the balls to go sideways without judicious and determined use of the handbrake, and if it's a '77 one, it's more likely to be the ugly Mk2 shape with the big square headlights.

If it was a 3.0S I'd be in the bank now getting the money together. As it's a 1.3 I think I'd rather lumber myself with something quick and decent handling, like a 600cc Fiat Strada with dodgy shock absorbers and accident damage.

Reply to
Pete M

*missing footnote* [1] Mk1 2.0 V4 wasn't as slow, but it's as avoidable!
Reply to
Pete M