FS: Mini Cooper 970S, parts and tools

Hi,

Hope these are of interest to someone:

Mini Cooper 970 'S' for renovation:

Parts, tools and a few other bits and pieces (for above):
Also, hubcaps off an old Austin of some kind!
Cheers,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren

Pity about the MkIII shell.

9" will be a Cambridge; 8.5" would be the A40. They're late 50s/60s pattern
Reply to
Chris Bolus

After bouncing through (and into) various forests, the Mk1 bodyshell had had it's day.... At least it was in a good cause!

Thanks for the hubcap info. I doubt they'll sell though. There's others there that are better (and at least 4 of). Should have checked first...

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren

I suppose that when it was changed, Mk1 shells weren't available. It would make a good candidate for another reshell back into a Mk1 now though.

On the bouncing through forests theme, I had the pleasant surprise yesterday of seeing stream of classic rally cars pass my house en route from one forest (Clipstone I suspect) to the next! Sunbeam Alpines, Porsche 911s, Lotus Cortinas both MkI and MkII, Saab V4s - the two-stroke model, MkI Escorts, and the odd MkI Mini.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

What's the story with Mk1 shells. I know new 'heritage' Mk3 and Mk4 shells are available to buy, but are you limited to a restored one if you want a Mk1?

Cheers,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren

There were plans to remanufacture the MkI shell, but they never materialised unfortunately.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Iain McLaren ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If it's not a silly question, why put the reg as *** ***M in the listing then show a pic with a plate on it...?

Reply to
Adrian

eBay blanked out most of the reg automatically. I presume it's a 'security' measure...

Reply to
Iain McLaren