Fuel going stale/gumming in fuel system.

Many people with classic cars, don't use them over the winter or even longer. Todays fuels seem to seperate and gum up the fuel system much more quicly than in the past. One way to stop this and bacterial growth is to use a fuel catalyst, which keeps fuel fresh, as well as stops bacterial growth in the fuel system. It is an expensive job to clean out a fuel system, but by using a Fuel Cat tank unit, you can avoid this. See 'FUEL CAT - FUELCAT - Fuel Efficiency - save money - lower emissions

- petrol - diesel - gas - oil - bio fuels - environment - Car Shows - Classic Car Shows'

The units last 10 years and are not expensive and they post worldwide.

Reply to
Formula Power

Fuck off, you spamming ripoff wanker.

Reply to
grimly4

You are not tempted by snake oil then? Me neither! And he can't spell.

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John

Spelling mistake rectified. It is very simple to back up what i say about the catalyst stopping fuel going stale/gumming etc. All you need is two Jam jars or similar. Place same fuel in each and place 1-2 catalysts in one jar and not in the other. Leave for a few months and you will see the difference. Not rocket science. Until you have seen this for yourself and also had feedback from customers, especially one guy who rang me out of the blue and told me about a motorbike which had been standing for approx 2 years in a breakers yard. He bought it as a project, and when he got it home, he noticed a catalyst in the tank. Out of curiosity, he attached a battery and it started without problems. I have no idea who this guy was. He just rang to tell me the story.

Happy to send a couple of catalysts for anyone to test.

Reply to
Formula Power

Fuck off.

Reply to
grimly4

I add tetraethyl lead to my fuel so that my car runs on old-style leaded. It doesn't go stale.

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John

8 -16% fuel consumption improvement!!!! Bollocks!!!

SNAKE OIL!

For all summer use IC engines I switch off the fuel and run the carbs dry. If the tank is sealed* the fuel won't "Go Off" over the four months or so of winter. But try not to leave it half full, you are better off either emptying it, (danger of corrosion though) or filling it up.

*Older cars with open to atmosphere breathers - fit a tank vent valve. Not sure what to do with vented filler caps - Any thoughts?

Slatts

Reply to
Sla#s

When I owned pre-war cars, I experienced no problems with fuel going off over the winter (cars generally laid-up from about October to March). If necessary, a shot of Easy Start (ether-based aerosol) into the carburettor would usually ensure a prompt start! Regards, Richard

09 February 2012 17:50
Reply to
Richard Green

Here's a clue, stick em up your arse.