Guinness domino cars

Anyone managed to identify any of the cars in the Guinnes 'domino topple' advert?

Number 3 has a distinctly BMC Farina look -- the bonnet shape suggests Riley/Wolseley? Difficult to get a good look and there's lots of motion blur.

Phil

Reply to
Phil

You're right about the Wolseley/Riley, but can't really tell the others.

In order of falling,

No1 is probably a Fiat 125

No2 ?? Looks to have a peculiar ridged roofline

No3 ?? But bigger than the Farina

No4 is the Wolseley

No5 is a pickup - no idea.

No6 looks like a 60's Fiat, though I can't put a finger on the model - maybe a 600 or Multipla

I think from the style of the ad and the cars, it's almost certainly filmed in Italy and the cars were probably Italian (the BMC Farinas were not uncommon in 60s Italy and two - both rotten! - can be seen falling off the transporter in the Italian Job).

If you want to watch it and pause it (with no motion blur!) online, it's at

(before) and
(during tipping))

(visit4info has pretty well every advert you can think of).

Reply to
Chris Bolus

In message , Chris Bolus writes

You're right -- number 4, not number 3.

Did some more Googling after I posted -- the ad was filmed in South America, and a little searching turned up this

which confirms what someone told me years ago, that the 4/72 was manufactured there in both saloon and pickup forms. Also that the Farina Magnette was very popular, which I didn't know. But the bonnet looks more 4/72 to me.

There's a little more visible (but not much) here:

but it's possible to confirm that number 1 has 4-stud wheels (how sad am I?).

Reply to
Phil