Help needed, Shipping from USA

Anyone help me with shipping from the US?

I have agreed to purchase a pair of secondhand front wings for a Triumph TR4.

The problem is that according to the seller in the US they are too big to send by United States Postal Service. This I fail to understand. According to the USPS website the size limits are 60" long x 108" girth. One wing weighs 13lbs so two wings plus packaging would not weigh more than

30-35lbs this is also within their shipping limits.

He is willing to ship within the USA with no problem.

I have looked at FEDEX and UPS but their charges are high.

Anyone got a container coming from the US? or work for a company that has containers coming from the States on a regular basis?. Or maybe someone having a car shipped from the US that could have a pair of wings put inside?.

Any sensible suggestions how to deal with this would be appreciated.

Dixie

Reply to
dixie

I have not used them, but came across these guys a couple of weeks ago;

hth Simon

Reply to
Simon