Help to identify car

Hi,

I'm trying to date an early aerial photo of my house and the only clue is an anonymous car in the corner. It looks like some sort of 60s Ford but that is just an uninformed guess. I have posted the picture here...

and I'm hoping there is some knowledgeable vintage car buff out there who can tell me the car/model/date. I'm in my 60's too and it looks kinda familiar but... !

Thanks folks,

Reply to
Zak

This shape came out in 1958-1960 That's the wrap around screen and the fins at the back.

The ford Consul/zephyr, screen didn't come back with upright pillars.

Reply to
Rob

I don't think it's a Ford. I don'r reacall any with that type of windscreen, but the wrap around w/screen was a feature of many Vauxhall models of the

60's era. Maybe a Victor, but the radiator grille looks too rectangular, and too wide. Also the headlights don't appear to have the small 'brow' that Victors had. I still lean towards thinking it's a Vauxhall though. Mike.
Reply to
Mike G

It is a Series II Vauxhall Victor F 1959 to 1961

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

That would make sense being a Vauxhall Velox part of the GM group and their styling at that time.

Reply to
Rob

It's an F-Type Vauxhall Victor. Looks like the facelift model so a late one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks folks, that's a great help. I was tending towards a Cresta PA but the wheel arches didn't match.

If only I could sharpen the picture in the same way they do in the movies; I'd be able to read the tax disc and get the year that way!!

Cheers

Reply to
Chris

The Cresta looked lower wider and longer than the Victor which was a bit of a perpendicular vehicle even for its day.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
dave