Herald wiring questions.

2 questions regarding 13/60 Herald wiring.

1) Where do the rear light wires go at the dashboard. There are 4 wires (part from the live, which I think I am OK on !). Colours : Green/Black, Green/purple, Green/red, Green/white.

2) Wiring to the 'J'-type overdrive : 4 wires from the plastic push-connector, 2 red/white (joined together at the connector) and 2 green/red wires (are these for reversing lights ?).

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Nick

I have no idea about the answer, to your question, but for reasons so arcane as to be completely obscure I have been reading the triumph_herald Yahoogroup. Worth a shot, I reckon.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

In message , Nick writes

Green/White is RH indicator. Green/Red is LH indicator. Green/Purple is the brake lights.

But Green/Black is the fuel tank sender.

BTW, the root colour (Green) means that the wires are fed from the ignition switch wire a fuse (or fuses)

They are all standard UK wiring colour codes. Get yourself the Haynes Auto Electrical Manual and learn all about it!

Reply to
Chris Morriss

Many thanks - by the way, the Yahoo group is worth a look for discussing Herald/Vitesse problems.

Reply to
Nick