Hillman Minx parts

Hello guys,

I've since managed to get myself a series 3 Hillman Minx which I hope to restore. I can't seem to find anywhere locally/nationally where I can get in touch with other owners who may have some spare parts (eg. windows). I need the following parts for my car:

- Distributor cap/rotor arm and leads

- Rear windscreen

- Driver's side front door glass

- Driver's side rear door glass

- Rear bumper

Sorry, I know this isn't for selling bits and pieces but I don't know where else to post this message.

Can anyone here help?

Thanks, Bryan.

Reply to
Bryan

Try googling for 'Hillman Owners Club' or 'Association of Rootes Owners Clubs' or some similar wording

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R. N. Robinson

I have a 1275cc engine complete with distributor, cap and leads. Alternatively do a google search for speedy spares of coulsden

Reply to
Big Mc

Hi Bryan, if you do a search on our site at

under the Trader section for glass & windscreens this should return you a list of companies who should be able to help. Automotive Glass International in Birmingham is one that I can think of who supply glass for all makes of cars.

Also search the clubs section for details of the Hillman Minx club.

Kindest regards

Tom

Reply to
Classic-Car-World Ltd

Speedy Spares is the cheapest for series Minx stuff, but a little limited in what they stock. Alpine West Midlands, 08700 786 2326 or snipped-for-privacy@sunbeam-alpine.co.uk have a list of series Minx parts but are very pricey.

The cap/rotor arm/leads should be available from any decent local motor factor but if you're struggling try

(my local shop, lucky me!) who will definitely be able to supply them.

I have the door glass for a series V; the front will probably fit (email me with measurements) but the rear is definitely different, as is the rear window.

The bumper will be virtually unobtainable I suspect; you need to look for a donor car and may need to get one rechromed (they're fairly solid and don't rust too badly). Try classic breakers such as Balby Motor Spares at Doncaster.

Reply to
Chris Bolus