Jaguar in the UK

Hello,

As it is time to purchase a new automobile, I've been looking at various Jaguar models (XJ8..specifically). I've never owned a Jaguar, and am reluctant to make a purchase given the reliability indicators of all models. I am curious as to how Jaguar ranks in the UK? Is it giving UK owners trouble?

Many thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard Sauer

"Richard Sauer" realised it was Mon, 10 Oct 2005

09:34:46 -0700 and decided it was time to write:

We don't do 'new' here. Go away.

Reply to
Yippee

Richard Sauer ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Wrong group.

Try uk.rec.cars.misc.

Reply to
Adrian

He's trolling anyway. If he had really looked at the 'reliability indicators' he would know that Jaguar has been best of the Europeans for some time and is challenging the best of the Japanese.

David Betts ( snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk) The Classic Car Gallery:

David Betts

But I know of at least one Australian who has owned several and to quote "loverly looking motor, but wouldn't touch another one with yours", when ever I suggested a Jag. So maybe internationally, they don't have the same reliability reputation.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

  1. You will always meet people out to rubbish things. Take individual comments with a huge pinch of salt. Maybe he was unlucky. Maybe he's just an inveterate moaner. Plenty about. Is he talking about current Jaguar's anyway?
  2. Jaguar did go through some bad times, but they are now amongst the best built cars in the world. This is proven by surveys which use proper sampling....not by a quick trawl of your mates' experiences .

David Betts ( snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk) The Classic Car Gallery:

David Betts

Always possible he got bad ones, and he does rate the V12's as the worst fo the bad lot, so they may pretty old ones he refers to.

Oh yeah granted, and yes I know others may vary. I'm a jag fan myself, my mother had a proper 3.4 S Type with red leather.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2