Jaguar query

I have just bought a 1988 XJ40. All seems perfect except for the LCD on the radio. I have found that the cure for this is to resolder the connections to it, but I am stumped with removing the radio. The panel appears to be all in one and the radio unit is shaped to fit. Nowhere can I find any standard fixing methods! So how is it done?

As an aside, is it reasonably easy to substitute a DIN standard radio for the factory radio cassette?

Reply to
Andy Luckman

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:37:36 +0100, Andy Luckman dribbled:

I've got a '90, and have tried for ages to get a replacement radio. DIN ones dont fit the hole

Reply to
This is Ted

No idea how to get the radio out, but IMO the standard Jag ones sound very nice and you'd be spending a few bob to get an aftermarket one that's as good.

Reply to
Doki