K&Ns for SU HS4s

Hi everybody,

I just bought some K&N Filters for my Triumph Spitfire 1500, fitted with the standard SU HS4's. I've never had any K&N's before, so this may sound like a dense question, but I can't seem to get the filters to go together. The element seems to be to big to fit between the chrome inner and outer pieces. I bought them from eBay, and they didn't come with any assembly institutions. I'm wondering whether I have the wrong element size.

I also have some stub stacks, anybody got any ideas as to how / where these are supposed to fit?

Thanks!

David

Reply to
David Balfour

"David Balfour" realised it was Sat, 8 Nov

2003 11:53:17 -0000 and decided it was time to write:

They should be a fairly tight, but still easy fit. If it's obvious the elements are too big to fit inside the endge of the plates (ie. more than a mm larger in diameter), you've either got wrong elements or wrong plates.

The stub stacks are fitted to the inside of the inner plates of the filters, with the same bolts with which you fit the plates to the intake flanges of the carbs.

Reply to
Yippee