LPG conversions.... Help!

Ok, I'm asking you lot because some of you might actually have a clue about this kinda thing..

Stuff I could do with getting LPG converted.

1x "02" Range Rover 4.4 V8 2x Lincoln Towncar (2000) 4.6 V8 1x"52" Ford Excursion 6.8 V10

Problems are as follows..

Don't want to lose entire boot space, preferable if the tanks are hidden out of the way somewhere - dunno where, but the Towncars and the Excursion are

32 ft long, so there must be somewhere.

Want a proper job doing on them, not your fly by night fitters. These cars work for a living and have to be able to keep working.

Anyone got any clues / recommendations?

P.S I'm not a fan of LPG, but 6.5 mpg is a bit hard to swallow, and besides, they're not mine.

Reply to
Pete M

Pete try the newsgroup uk.rec.cars.fuel.lpg they may be able to help with specifics

Gio

Reply to
Gio

a clue about

are hidden out

Excursion are

fitters. These cars

LPG tanks are available that fit underneath cars, so they don't compromise boot space at all. Whether they could be fitted to the cars in mind, I have no idea. No doubt a web search will turn up conversion Co's that could say for sure. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

And don't forget that the tax concession is being eroded somewhat over the next few years.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke