My latest shed...

Do we ever hear about those? No, all we hear about is your next rep-special or how crap everyone elses car is. Besides the Ducati and BMW dont count anyway,

Barely spent anything on the Montego, its just a reliable old workhorse. Reckon it's gotta be worth more than £250. Yes I've spent a bit on the SD1, but a TP with no mot can still fetch £1k. If you're lucky you could get £500 for the TP setup alone because they're so rare. I paid £550 for mine, and I've maybe spent £500 so far so I reckon I could get my money back quite easily, and even make a bit out of the rarer parts.

You buy the same old shit, there's no variety, so actually you're probably not more qualified than most, and I certainly can't see any evidence of Capri ownership in there, which is what you are currently preaching about.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

'The same old shit'....hmmmm.

I've had FWD, RWD, transaxle RWD, longitudunal FWD, inline 4, flat 4, carburettor, EFI, 8v, 16v, SOHC, DOHC, QOHC, tin top and ragtop. Diesel, petrol and hybrid. I've had 'British', Jap, German, and Italian.

Bikes may 'not count', but I've also had inline 4, V4, parallel twin, V twin, carburettor and EFI, both 2 and 4 stroke.

I've spannered and bodged stuff, I've used 15 year old cars as daily drivers. I've done 40k miles a year on 2 wheels.

That's more than enough, IMHO, to qualify me to comment in any NG with a leaning towards powered transport.

And, as it happens, I'm quite enjoying my hybrid experience, too - because I'm fairly open minded at times - I'd even have a Crapi, but it would have to be a 2.8i with LSD, not a wheezy pinto.

Reply to
SteveH

Despite your list I can't think of any of the cars you've owned that have been anything other than shit.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Don't see many of them around here. 150mph+ and 5.5sec 0-60mph is about the starting point for a proper car.

Reply to
Peter Hill

That's cool. I've got an iron block RWD longitudinal automatic diesel. It's probably as fast as your 75 and more economical than your 156, more comfy than either bike and bigger than the Prius. That's why I don't feel the need to mention it so often, it's a bit dull, but it doesn't need defending...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Prius?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

LOL, funniest thing you've said all year.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

The Alfa that breaks down and the BMW which is worse than a MK3 Mondeo?

Reply to
Conor

Kind of proves the point. The Capri is likely to still be going long after the Pius's batteries have packed up.

Reply to
Conor

Its got every single receipt. Its been maintained by the same garage. There is nothing in there to indicate any breakdowns.

Reply to
Conor

Interesting comparison, Steve's BMW to a MK3 Mondeo. Conor, do you have _any_ idea what you're talking about?

Reply to
Clive George

That won't stop it working though - it will just mean the fuel = consumption slowly increases to a point when it's worse than a standard = petrol engined car because of the extra weight

--=20 Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

Oh aye, its a bike...

Reply to
Conor

I'd hope so. That would be about 30 miles, if it didn't have a proper (almost) engine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How do you know? The ECU might put it in limp home.

when it's worse than a standard petrol engined car because of the extra weight

A Pius already has fuel consumption no better than a whole raft of cars.

Reply to
Conor

The early one I had on demo used more petrol than my 5 series BMW petrol auto on the motorway when being driven to 'keep up' with the traffic.

Not something Pious owners like to admit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Could that be because the breakdowns are all 'pending'?

:-p

Reply to
Pete M

SteveH wrote: Snipped drivel

Snipped drivel

So what 2 stroke did you have that was EFI?

Alan...

Reply to
Alan Smith

I've seen (but not owned) some EFI 2 Stroke outboards.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

LOL. Had it up on a ramp today. Save the front wings, its rock solid. The front valance is fine as well where it bolts to the wings so I've nothing to worry about there.

Reply to
Conor